Procedure for Public Complaints
The Board of Education recognizes that situations of concern to parents/guardians or the public may arise in the operation of the District. The following steps are the proper procedures to be followed by persons with questions or complaints regarding the operation of the school district:
1. Complaints on behalf of individual students should first be addressed to the teacher.
2. Unsettled matters from (1) above, or problems and questions concerning individual schools and or specific departments, should be directed to the principal of the school or department head.
3. Unsettled matters from (2) above, should be directed to the appropriate central office administrator.
4. Unsettled matters from (3) above should be directed to the superintendent of schools.
5. If the matter cannot be settled satisfactorily by the superintendent, it should be brought to the Board of Education.
The Board considers it the obligation of the professional and support staff of the District to field the questions of parents/guardians or the public. Please refer to Board Policy 1480 and Regulation 1480 for further guidance regarding the complaint procedure.