With current national attention being focused on children’s health and wellness issues, the Northwest School District’s Food Service Department is excited to provide families a convenient, easy and secure online prepayment service to deposit money into a child’s school meal account at any time. This service also provides the ability to view account balance through a web site called myschoolbucks.com. By having money in each child’s account prior to entering the cafeteria, we find the lunch lines move along much faster so all children have more time to eat and be with friends.
By utlizing the prepayment option with MySchoolBucks, families have the ability to print out a copy of their child’s eating history report. This history report will show you all dates and times that your child has purchased a breakfast and/or lunch within the past thirty days.
To access these services:
1. Click here to visit MySchoolBucks.
2. From this site you will create your account and add money to your child’s school meal account.
All you need is your child’s name, student ID number and know the school your child attends.
Things to know:
- If you have more than one child in the District you can handle all online prepayments from the same online account.
- Payments may be made through an electronic check, a major credit or debit card.
- In order to use the online prepayment service, a small convenience fee for each transaction will be assessed to cover the bank fees. The convenience fee is $1.95 per deposit transaction. Parents placing money into multiple meal accounts will only be assessed the $1.95 fee once per deposit transaction. Northwest Schools will not profit from the use of this site.
- It is not necessary to use online payment to create an account for your child. The account registration is free and allows you to view account balances and history. The fee is only charged when making payments online.
We are very excited to offer this service. However, if you choose not to take advantage of the online prepayment service, you may continue to make advance payments via check. If you plan to pay this way, please write the child’s full name on the check.
If you have any questions, please contact our Director of Food Services at 636-671-3554.