Front row: Jeff Hanewinkel, Treasurer, Chris Shelton, Secretary, Retta Tuggle, President, and Gary Bonacker, Vice-President
Back row: Amy Jennewein, Member, Sherri K. Talbott, Member, and Sherry Ziegler, Member
About Your Board of Education
- The seven elected members of the Board of Education serve without compensation. They are committed citizens who devote countless hours working on behalf of children, staff, and the educational interest of the residents.
- The Board serves as the governing body for the community's public school system.
- The Board sets District policies, establishes goals, selects and evaluates the superintendent of schools, adopts the annual budget, and determines the tax rate.
- Board members are required to complete 16 hours of training in their first year in office.
- An annual election is held in April for school board members. Members serve three-year overlapping terms with two or three members elected each year.
The Board of Education customarily meets on the third Thursday of each month. Meetings are held in the District. The community is welcome and encouraged to attend. Regular and special meetings are open to the public. Executive sessions are closed to the public in accordance with Missouri Sunshine Law.
The Board of Education is a meeting in public that follows a set agenda. The meetings consist of:
- President comments
- Recognizing staff, students, and district patrons
- Acting on financial matters
- Approving policies
- Hiring personnel
- Accepting bids
- Approving previous meeting minutes
- Public comments
- Approving curriculum
- Reviewing instructional programs
- Superintendent reports
Addressing the Board
- Those wishing to address the Board must complete a request form before the meeting at the recording secretary's table. Completed forms are returned to the recording secretary who presents them to the meeting chairperson before the start of the meeting.
- Comments are limited to three minutes.
- If you are unable to attend the meeting, you may direct written correspondences to the Board President at 2843 Community Lane, High Ridge, MO 63049.