Proof of Residency

  • For the 24-25 School Year, the Northwest R-1 School District requires proof of residency for all students as part of a continued focus on maintaining fiscal accountability for our Northwest R-1 Community. All students seeking admission must be legal residents of the District, meet other qualifying criteria, be granted a waiver, or pay tuition. In order to “reside” within the District, the student must be physically domiciled within the boundaries. The domicile of a minor student is the domicile of the parent, military guardian pursuant to military issued guardianship, or court-appointed legal guardian.  

    Proof of Residency Guidelines:

    Provide TWO proofs of residency from the list below.  The documentation must include the parent/guardian's name, address and date. We do not accept documents that are still in envelopes. Please note, you may only submit ONE utility bill

      • Mortgage Statement for the Residence dated within 30 days of submission.  
      • Rental/Lease Agreement signed by the landlord and tenant, dated and unexpired.  
      • Deed of Residence.
      • Closing Statement for Residence dated within 30 days of submission.  
      • ONE Utility Bill - gas, electric, water, sewer, cable or internet dated within 30 days of submission.  Final or disconnect notices will not be accepted.  
      • Real Estate Property Tax Statement dated within 1 year of submission. (personal property tax statements are not accepted)
      • Federal Court or State Court Documents dated within 30 days of submission.
      • Proof of Homeowners Insurance or Renters Insurance dated within 1 year of submission and has not expired. 

    If you are a parent/guardian who cannot provide two (2) proofs of residency in your name at the time of registration because your primary residence is owned/leased by another party, you and the homeowner will need to fill out an Affidavit of Residency and then provide two (2) proofs of residency in the homeowner's name. See for more information.