Proof of Residency Requirements
All students seeking admission to the District must be legal residents of the District, meet other qualifying criteria, be granted a waiver, or pay tuition. In order to “reside” within the District, the student must be physically domiciled within the boundaries. The domicile of a minor student is the domicile of the parent, military guardian pursuant to military issued guardianship, or court-appointed legal guardian. The following documentation is needed to complete the process:
Northwest R-1 School District requires proof of residency annually for all students. As part of a continued focus on maintaining fiscal accountability for our Northwest R-1 Community.
The following must be followed for enrollment to be complete:
Provide TWO proofs of residency from the list below. The documentation must include the parent/guardian's name, address and date. Please note, you may only submit ONE utility bill.
- Mortgage Statement for the Residence dated within 30 days of submission.
- Rental/Lease Agreement signed by the landlord and tenant, dated and unexpired.
- Deed of Residence.
- Closing Statement for Residence dated within 30 days of submission.
- Utility Bill - gas, electric, water, sewer, cable or internet dated within 30 days of submission. Final or disconnect notices will not be accepted.
- Real Estate Property Tax Statement dated within 1 year of submission. (personal property tax statements are not accepted)
- Federal Court or State Court Documents dated within 30 days of submission.
- Proof of Homeowners Insurance or Renters Insurance dated within 1 year of submission and has not expired.