HELP A CHILD LOVE READING & LEARNING as a TUTOR, MENTOR AND FRIEND!
Intergenerational Tutoring Program Making a Difference, One Child at a Time
Northwest R-1 School District is proud to partner with Oasis Tutoring, a national non-profit dedicated to enriching the lives of adults aged 50+ through lifelong learning and service. Oasis Tutors team up to serve Northwest students through a variety of programs and services. Read more below!
Share your love of reading and children as an Oasis tutor. You can change a life by providing the individual attention that helps elementary children build confidence and experience success. Oasis Tutors enjoy the rewarding experience of working with students in kindergarten through second grades at any of Northwest’s six elementary buildings. The focus of the Oasis Tutoring program is to build reading skills, self-esteem and a positive attitude towards learning.
- Tutors select the school and time they want to tutor.
- Tutors work with the same student all year.
- They tutor one hour each week.
- Tutors participate in tutor training
- Tutors receive all necessary materials and support.
- Tutors may attend quarterly meetings and professional development opportunities.
Experience the joy and satisfaction of being part of the Oasis Intergenerational Tutoring Program. For additional information, contact Lori Deubner; Oasis RSVP Coordinator; firstname.lastname@example.org/ 314-687-1112 OR Kim Sult; Instructional Coordinator; email@example.com/ 636-677-3473.