Welcome Letter for OnLionEdu Elementary Families
Dear OnLionEdu Elementary Parents,
My name is Kim Sult and I am the Director of OnLionEdu-Elementary for Northwest. We are excited that your child will be a part of OnLionEdu school this year. While this is a new teaching and learning format for everyone, we are grounded in Northwest R-I School District’s Mission, Beliefs and Commitments and are very committed to making virtual learning a successful learning experience for your child and family.
Communication between parents, teachers and the school district will be essential in the success of the virtual learning experience. Please note the following important information:
- The first day of OnLionEdu for K-5 elementary students is Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2020.
- Please read and review the OnLionEdu Student and Family Handbook
- Your child’s teacher will be reaching out to you at the beginning of next week with more details about OnLionEdu.
- Drive through material pick-up will be Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2020 on the back parking lot of the Northwest Administrative Center, 4290 Gravois Rd. House Springs, MO.
- Kindergarten and *1st Grade: 9-10:30 a.m.
*1st grade students, please bring your Chromebook AND charger for exchange purposes. If the Chromebook is not returned, it will be disabled.
- 2nd and 3rd Grade: 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- 4th and 5th Grade: 1:30-3 p.m.
Families with children in multiple grade levels can choose any of the above times
Students new to the district, as well as incoming kindergarten students, will be receiving a Chromebook while returning students will keep the one they currently have.
We are truly committed to working collaboratively with you to make the virtual learning experience successful and manageable for both students and their families. Please be sure to contact me with feedback and questions as we begin this journey together.