Parent Right to Know - ESSA 2017
Dear Parent or Guardian,
Our district is required to inform you of information that you, according to the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 (Public Law 114-95), have the right to know.
Upon your request, our district is required to provide to you in a timely manner, the following information:
- Whether your student’s teacher has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
- Whether your student’s teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived.
- Whether your student’s teacher is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher.
- Whether your child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
In addition to the information that parents may request, a building receiving Title I.A funds must provide to each individual parent:
- Information on the level of achievement and academic growth of your student, if applicable and available, on each of the State academic assessments required under Title I.A.
- Timely notice that your student has been assigned, or has been taught for 4 or more consecutive weeks by, a teacher who has not met applicable State certification or licensure requirements at the grade level and subject area in which the teacher has been assigned.