Enroll at Northwest

  • All students seeking admission to the District must be legal residents of the District, meet other qualifying criteria, be granted a waiver, or pay tuition. In order to “reside” within the District, the student must be physically domiciled within the boundaries. The domicile of a minor student is the domicile of the parent, military guardian pursuant to military issued guardianship, or court-appointed legal guardian. To begin the enrollment process, parents/guardians should complete the registration paperwork at the school the student would attend. The following documentation is needed to complete the process:


    • Two (2) Proof of Residency Documents 
    • Birth Certificate
    • Custody papers and a complete copy of the dissolution decree that stipulates custody in cases of parental divorce
    • Any legal documents pertaining to the student (guardianship documents, ex parte orders, etc.)
    • Immunization Records 


Proof of Residency


    During the registration process, parents/guardians will need to show two (2) forms of proof of residency. These are documents that link the parent/guardian to the address. These may include the following:


    • Electric Bill
    • Gas Bill
    • Water Bill
    • House Payment Statement
    • Cable/satellite Bill
    • Land line phone Bill
    • Documents from agencies such as DFS or Social Services


    If the family has just moved into the residence and cannot provide the above proof of residency documents, the following may be used:


    • Lease Agreement
    • Closing Statement from home purchase
    • Current real estate tax receipt